At Opal, we believe enterprise software should be beautiful, simple and designed for the job at hand. Opal is a collaboration platform, built for brand marketing teams to produce, organize and govern creative content.
The Opal StoryFirst™ framework empowers teams with a dedicated environment to visualize and deploy campaigns across all marketing channels, reducing complexity and aligning teams for better marketing results. Our customers are creative, passionate people and, through a platform tailored to their specific needs, we’re helping them rediscover the best parts of their jobs.
Our team is deeply invested in creating a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. We are building a world class lineup of creative and strategic thinkers that work together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
A successful Product Manager will serve internal and external stakeholders, helping to prioritize and maintain the product roadmap and corresponding documentation. This person should be a born communicator with a strong marketing and product background.
- Lead a multi-functional product team—including designers, engineers, engineering managers, and other stakeholders—to build, maintain, and execute on a product roadmap
- Determine and monitor deadlines and goal progression
- Prioritize feedback and work with multiple teams within Opal to respond appropriately to feedback from many sources
- Work closely with other functional teams to ensure a coordinated and consistent experience for our users across all product areas
- Determine customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements
Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in a product management role
- Marketing experience; having been in a marketing role or operated in closely with the marketing team
- Technical background; should be able to understand technical documentation and communicate clearly to the engineering team
- Experience with web applications and/or in a startup
- Passion for building and shipping great products
- Strong track record of defining and launching excellent products, ideally targeted to a marketing audience
- Highly effective communicator with superb listening skills
- Empathy for customer feedback, while understanding the importance of a long-term product vision
- Ability to sell an idea; an entrepreneurial spirit
- A full-time, salaried position
- Full healthcare coverage (health, dental, vision, FSA)
- Short-term disability insurance
- Early-stage stock options
- Company-provided computer setup
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs
- A tight-knit, very supportive team — we pride ourselves on our culture
- A fun, open office with ping pong, video games and snacks for days
- Exposure to some of the biggest brands on the planet