At Opal, we believe enterprise software should be beautiful, simple and designed for the job at hand. Opal is a collaboration platform, built for brand marketing teams to produce, organize and govern creative content.
The Opal StoryFirst™ framework empowers teams with a dedicated environment to visualize and deploy campaigns across all marketing channels, reducing complexity and aligning teams for better marketing results. Our customers are creative, passionate people and, through a platform tailored to their specific needs, we’re helping them rediscover the best parts of their jobs.
Our team is deeply invested in creating a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. We are building a world class lineup of creative and strategic thinkers that work together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
We are seeking a DevSecOps / SecOps Engineer who knows that delivering amazing user experiences, maintaining developer happiness, and ensuring rock-solid security are mutually inclusive goals. The ideal candidate is excited to work on a robust suite of web and mobile applications, allowing creative teams to collaborate and thrive in fast-paced environments at Fortune 500 brands and agencies all over the world. As a Security Operations Engineer at Opal, you will constantly improve the robustness of our security practices, tools and infrastructure, helping our engineering teams maintain the sky-high level of trust our organization has built with customers across the globe.
- Software Engineering + Security
- Perform Static code analysis on source code and manage remediation.
- Ensure the secure architecture, design, development, coding and configuration of both existing systems as well as new initiatives.
- Coach fellow engineers on best practices for maintaining security throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Security Ops
- Engineer security into continuous integration systems.
- Implement, maintain, and improve security infrastructure.
- Develop technical solutions and select or build new security tools to mitigate vulnerabilities.
- Security Documentation & Communication
- Act as point (for the Product team) for all activities supporting key security certifications and the associated audits (i.e. ISO 27001, SOC 2, etc.).
- Create requirements and documentation for security systems.
- Communicate to senior management regarding threats, risks, and issues.
- Effectively communicate security remediation strategies.
- Support infrastructure, systems, and services for the Opal platform.
- Build scalable tools, systems, and processes that allow your fellow engineers to ship world-class software and that support Opal’s security posture and compliance.
- 3-5+ Years of DevOps / SecOps / DevSecOps experience supporting enterprise-grade web applications
- Experience managing internal privacy and security certifications such ISO 27001 and SOC 2
- Proven ability to act as an internal champion for security within engineering teams
- Static code analysis experience across a broad swatch of languages
- Demonstrated ability to engineer security into full stack architectures on next-generation cloud and container platforms
- Deep knowledge of one or more server configuration management frameworks such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or SaltStack
- Detailed understanding of security industry standards and frameworks from OWASP, CIS and NIST
- Proven ability to manage projects, gaining consensus and buy-in cross functionally
- Proven ability to drive initiatives with diplomacy and empathy
Nice to Haves
- Certifications like: AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Security, CISSP, CCSK/CCSP, CISSP-ISSEP/ISSAP, CSSLP, SABSA SCF/SCP/SCM
- Familiarity with Ruby, Rails, Elixir, and NodeJS
- Familiarity with the Heroku PaaS ecosystem
- A full-time, salaried position
- Full healthcare coverage (health, dental, vision, FSA)
- Short-term disability insurance
- Early-stage stock options
- Company-sponsored retirement program
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs
- A tight-knit, very supportive team — we pride ourselves on our culture
- A fun, open office with ping pong, video games and snacks for days
- Exposure to some of the biggest brands on the planet
At Opal, we are building a world class organization of creative and strategic thinkers. There are no individual egos at Opal, only a team that strives to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.